Tools To Get Started In
Your Business Today.
We are frequently asked about the different tools and resources we simply cannot function without, so we created this page to help you get started.
Some things you need now, and some things can wait. It all depends on what you want to do, so check out the best of the best resources we've found and use on an almost daily basis.
Essential Tools - Website URLs, Hosting & Design
The URL is the PO Box of your website. It doesn't really matter where you get this, but it can make life easier if you buy the URL with your hosting. When the URL and Site Host are in the same place there is no messing around with DNS and nameservers and that crap! You can get Namecheap, Bluehost, Siteground etc.
Site Hosting on the other hand does matter a lot! We strongly recommend SiteGround as their support is unbelievable. If you mess something up, your PhP files have made your site wonky, you have no idea what a php file is, SiteGround will help you in any mess any time. Bluehost is our second favorite site hosting.
Don't want to bother with building a website at all? We'll do it for you.. Email us for details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Tools - List Building
Essential Tools - Software We Love
1. LeanDomainSearch.com - find .com variations for your business (if the one you want is taken)
2. WeTransfer.com - transfer large files like video to anyone (video is too big for email files!)
3. Temi.com - inexpensive and largely accurate transcription service
4. Genius Scan - an app to take pictures on your phone. Buy lifetime service for $8 and upload directly to Google drive
5. Google Drive - use it! It's a life saver and it comes part of Google Business - use this too. Get your own customized gmail account that uses your domain name (ie. @catieharris.com is a professional gmail account)
5. Adobe.com - for PDFs, editing, organizing, rewrittable, get signatures, and so much more. The Document Cloud is all you need, but you might be interested in their other options such as photoshop (canva is easier), stock photos (there are other great free options though).
7. Payfunnels.com to interface with Stripe (Stripe is not user friendly at all, but very convenient for getting your money!)
9. Soundcloud.com - audio hosting for podcasting
10. Vimeo.com - video hosting. You tube is good too, but for ad free, professional videos for membership sites, you're going to need something like Vimeo or Wistia.
11. Jotform.com - for forms and even builds funnels for you. There is a bit of a learning curve, but you can do simple things that make your life incredibly easy and more complex funnels when you are ready.
12. Asana.com - for project management. A lot of people like Trello, but get something!
My life has changed completely. I was able to go part time in a position I no longer loved to pursue not one or two, but three streams of revenue thanks entirely to my partnership with NursePreneurs. I had some vague hope that things would work out for me, but what actually happened, I still can't believe this is my life...
Kimble Walters, RN
Owner Elite Concierge Nurses
I've been very cautious starting a business, believing two diametrically opposed ideas - both that I could do it and that it won't ever happen for me. Working with NursePreneurs has given me the confidence to generate 5-figure months and it still blows my mind!
Gigi Elizee, RN
Launch Your Business. Join Our 20,000+ NursePreneurs.
Get your free Blueprint to starting your own business